and Olive oil for….Olive oil for hair….yes! Who would have thought! Olive oil is amazing for your hair, and thankfully being a soap maker. I have lots of Olive oil.
My hair was getting damaged from the sun, cold winter and our hard water, I had tried many conditioners, but nothing seemed to work.
One day as I was pouring Olive oil into a batch of soap I was making it dawned on me that I use Olive oil for my skin on a regular basis, but not my hair so I started putting it in my hair.
Kirkland First Cold Pressed Extra Virgin Olive Oil 2L Produced from Italian – Growin Olives
After doing this my hair became so much softer and healthy looking and I’m sure it began growing faster as well. So about once I a month my body and my hair gets the Olive Oil Treatment.
I would simply comb the Olive oil in my hair and leave it overnight or even for a day or two, after doing this a few times I certainly noticed a difference in my hair. It was softer and looked so much healthier.
I guess the reasons for this are the wonderful benefits that Olive Oil has for the hair.
- Olive oil has high antioxidant properties with will help to fight premature aging…so yes help fight those Grey hairs. These antioxidants help to repair damaged cells helping to promote healthy and strong hair by protecting the hair follicles
- Being nutritious for the hair Olive oil can help keep your hair healthy. Using blow-dryer, straighteners and hair dyes can damage your hair, using Olive oil can help repair and reduce damage to your hair from these products.
- Olive Oil contains B vitamins a little Olive Oil combined with Lemon Juice will help get rid of dandruff. The lemon juice will help to remove the dry skin and the Olive oil will moisturize the scalp.
- Treat your hair with Olive Oil giving it a deep treatment by:
1. Combing about a TBSP of Olive oil into your hair, massage the scalp and make sure the oil covers all the hair, from scalp to end.2. If you want to help penetrate the oil you could use a blow-dryer for a few minutes – I don’t do this, but then I don’t own a blow-dryer.
3. Leave the oil in your hair for about 30 minutes for minimal damaged hair, or for a couple hours. I leave mine in overnight. It will not hurt your hair to keep it in overnight.
4. When you are finished simply rinse and wash your hair as usual.
A simple way to help restore damaged hair, making it stronger and healthier is by using Olive Oil. I try to remember to do a treatment once a month during the long dry winters.
#handmadesoap #naturalsoap #makingsoapnaturally #soapmaking #soapmaking #soaps #artisansoap #bathandbody #cpsoap #coldprocesssoap #etsy #soapbase #soapcrafter #soapmaker #soaping #soapcrafting #soaphandmade #soap #giftidea #christmas #barsoap #handmadesoap #natural #organic #skincare #coldprocess #soapsupplies #oliveoil #haircare
© 2018 – 2019, Tes. All rights reserved.