During the covid time, there was a shortage of hand sanitizer so I wanted to find something for our family to use.
After doing research and reading WHO Recommended Hand Rub Formulations I found this recipe that you can easily make.
Hand Sanitizer Recipe
This recipe has been scaled down by Kevin Lee Jacobs – the prep time is about 5 minutes and it only required 3 ingredients plus water.
- 1 cup 99% Isopropyl Alcohol
- 1 TBPS Hydrogen Peroxide
- 1 tsp Glycerin
- Place the alcohol, peroxide, and glycerin into a 2-cup glass measuring cup and add enough water to bring it up to 1 1/3 cups. Mix this well.
- Pour this mixture into small (travel-size bottles) or the bottle of your choice.
Bottles – you can use small travel-size bottles with a flip top or spray bottles – whichever you prefer.
Use your hand sanitizer when soap and water are not available – Keep a bottle in your car
How to use hand sanitizer
Squirting the hand sanitizer on your hands and quickly applying it or pouring just a little and not thoroughly applying it to your hands won’t work.
To apply properly:
- Apply about a dime size on the palm of your hand
- Rub your hands together, making sure to get between your fingers and up around your nails.
- Rub your hands together for a least 30 seconds to make sure the hand sanitizer is absorbed into your hands
Wait until your hands are completely dry before touching anything.
Clorox Disinfecting Wipes, Multi-pack of 3 canisters
#handmadesoap #naturalsoap #makingsoapnaturally #soapmaking #soapmaking #soaps #artisansoap #bathandbody #cpsoap #coldprocesssoap #etsy #soapbase #soapcrafter #soapmaker #soaping #soapcrafting #soaphandmade #soap #giftidea #christmas #barsoap #handmadesoap #natural #organic #skincare #coldprocess #soapsupplies #handsanitizer #handsanitizerrecipe
© 2020 – 2023, Tes. All rights reserved.
Hi, perfect timing for this article as so many of us have run short of hand sanitizer! Good job keeping up the good work here. I also heard we can add an essential oil of our liking to the recipe what do you think of this? Do you have any other easy formulas to add as well? Thank you
Yes I have added tea tree to mine and I do have other formulas, but this one is recommended by WHO and yes I thought it was fitting for the times. I’m always adding new recipes to check back. Take care and stay safe.