With the shortage of hand sanitizers in stores in our area, I wanted to find something for our family to use.
After doing research and reading WHO Recommended Hand Rub Formulations I found this recipe that you can easily make.
Hand Sanitizer Recipe
This recipe has been scaled down by Kevin Lee Jacobs – the prep time is about 5 minutes and it only required 3 ingredients plus water.
- 1 cup 99% Isopropyl Alcohol
- 1 TBPS Hydrogen Peroxide
- 1 tsp Glycerin
- Place the alcohol, peroxide and glycerin into a 2 cup glass measuring cup and add enough water to bring it up to 1 1/3 cups. Mix this well.
- Pour this mixture into small (travel size bottles) or the bottle of your choice.
Bottles – you can use small travel size bottles with a flip top or spray bottles – whichever you prefer.
Use your hand sanitizer when soap and water are not available – Keep a bottle in your car
How to use hand sanitizer
Squirting the hand sanitizer on your hands and quickly applying it or pouring just a little and not thoroughly applying it to your hands won’t work.
To apply properly:
- Apply about a dime size on the palm of your hand
- Rub your hands together, making sure to get between your fingers and up around your nails.
- Rub your hands together for a least 30 seconds to make sure the hand sanitizer is absorbed into your hands
Wait until your hands are completely dry before touching anythings.
#handmadesoap #naturalsoap #makingsoapnaturally #soapmaking #soapmaking #soaps #artisansoap #bathandbody #cpsoap #coldprocesssoap #etsy #soapbase #soapcrafter #soapmaker #soaping #soapcrafting #soaphandmade #soap #giftidea #christmas #barsoap #handmadesoap #natural #organic #skincare #coldprocess #soapsupplies #handsanitizer #handsanitizerrecipe
© 2020, Tes. All rights reserved.