Dog Shampoo Bar Soap Recipe
I’ve used so many dog shampoo’s on my dog over the years which at times left him with dry flaky skin that was hard to clear up.
Finally I thought “well I had skin issues and made my own soap….why wouldn’t I make some for him” So It did and our little Nip was ever so happy.
This is the bar soap recipe I made for him and I don’t know why I didn’t make it sooner.
The essential oils used in this recipe will help protect your pet from those pesty mosquitos and ticks. All three have insecticide properties.
The benefits of using this Dog Shampoo on your pet are:
- It’s easier to use a bar soap than a liquid
- It lathers up well
- Cleans your pets fur not irritating the skin
- Leaves your pet with a healthy shinning coat
- Eco Friendly
- All natural – you can bathe him in the lake
Why is using a Dog Shampoo Bar better than a liquid shampoo?
- With a liquid you squirt it on and it goes down onto the skin. This can irritate the skin causing rashes and dryness where a solid bar is rubbed on the fur staying there and not being directly in contact with the skin.
- Liquids often contain chemicals
- It seems to take longer to rinse when using liquid soaps
- the shampoo bar seems to last longer than any bottle of liquid soap I have used.
Are you ready now to make this recipe and try it out on your pet?
Basic Dog Shampoo Bar Soap Recipe
- 250 grams Coconut Oil
- 175 grams Olive Oil
- 300 grams Palm Oil
- 450 grams Shortening
- 1 1/2 cups water or 225 grams
- 160 grams lye
- 1 1/2 tsp Lavender Essential Oil
- 1/2 tsp Eucalyptus
- 1/4 tsp Citronella
Follow the basic soap making instructions found here to make this recipe
The scents used in this recipe were chosen for their pest repellent properties.
For this recipe I like to have round bars of soap – so I use a mailing tube to pour my soap into. You can use anything your want and make your bars as big as you like.
I also pour them in my molds and cut in half as in the picture above.
The above recipe will give you about 15 round bars if poured into a 2 1/2 ” tube and cut to 1 – 1/14 ” thick.
#handmadesoap #naturalsoap #makingsoapnaturally #soapmaking #soapmaking #soaps #artisansoap #bathandbody #cpsoap #coldprocesssoap #etsy #soapbase #soapcrafter #soapmaker #soaping #soapcrafting #soaphandmade #soap #giftidea #christmas #barsoap #handmadesoap #natural #organic #skincare #coldprocess #dogshampoo #petshampoo #petshampoorecipe #dogshampoorecipe
© 2019, Tes. All rights reserved.