Growing your own Cannabis
Now that Cannabis is legalized in Canada what does that mean for someone that wants to grow their own?
Can I grow my own? Yes you can, you can grow up to 4 cannabis plants. Now the thing to pay attention to is this amount is not per person. This is per household, also you may not sell the cannabis you grow at home to others.
Some provinces and territories have applied other restrictions and or are looking at what they need to do.
If you are growing your own Cannabis be sure to check your local municipality for any restrictions they may have put in place.
Restrictions in Canada for growing your own
- Growing cannabis plants at home is legal
- Adults 19+ can grow up to four non-medical cannabis plants per household
- Plants cannot be grown where they are visible from a public place
- Growing cannabis at home is banned in homes used as licensed child care.
- Landlords and strata corporations can restrict or prohibit cannabis being grown on their properties.
These are the restrictions but local and indigenous governments can restrict the growing of non-medical cannabis by establishing bylaws. So it is important to check your area bylaws before growing plants at home.
Growing for sale
To sell Cannabis to other people you need to be authorized by Health Canada, you may also require a license and legal cannabis products must have an excise stamp.
Growing your Cannabis outside
There are some things to consider when growing your own outside. Remember that the location in which you are growing your plants must not be visible to any public locations such as parks, playgrounds, schools or any other public locations that children would be in.
As well as sight, your growing area can not border any public lands, schools or playgrounds as well.
It is a good idea to install a tall fence around the area you are growing your plants to keep them secure…remember out of sight out of mind.
Growing in a greenhouse is probably one of the best ways to grow. The plants get the warmth and sun they need while not being visible to anyone unless they venture in the greenhouse.
There are many Green Houses to choose from from small to larger ones. I guess it would depend on whether you are growing tomatoes and cucumbers as well as a couple plants or just your plants. Check out the link below for some that may work for you.
Growing you plants in a Green House
Growing your Cannabis indoors
You may want to grow your plants indoors in the winter or maybe just start them indoors before summer. Here is an excellent grow light for a few plants.
Phlizon 600W LED Plant Grow Light,with Thermometer Humidity Monitor,with Adjustable Rope,Full Spectrum Double Switch Plant Light for Indoor Plants Veg and Flower- 600W(10W LEDs 60Pcs)
Some thing to remember when growing indoors:
- Have enough ventilation to remove excess moisture and humidity to stop mold from building-up on your plants or in the building, this is probably not that likely to happen if you just have a couple plants, but beware.
- Any changes to the structure of your home or your electrical system should be done by a professional electrician – you may want to install some grow lights although there are other options for that.
If you are growing your own, you may be interested in natural rolling papers.
RAW Legalization Bundle – O’Cannabis Tray, RAW King Classic, Organic Hemp, Black Rolling Papers, and RAW Tips
Storage your product
- Store you cannabis in a safe place
- Store in a locked cabinet
- Keep out of reach of children
- Store in childproof containers
So you want to get started growing your own plants.
Here is a great place to check out
#growingcannabis #soaping #soapcrafting #soaphandmade #soap #giftidea #christmas #barsoap #handmadesoap #natural #organic #skincare #coldprocess #cannabis #cannabisregulations
© 2019 – 2020, Tes. All rights reserved.
I live in a country where growing cannabis is restricted. I think the best and most likely the only option is greenhouses as this will enable people to grow their four plants at home and away from the public eyes, thus avoiding conflict with authority. They would not be seen incase a wanted person comes across the cannabis plant in your yard. So to me the growing cannabis at home should be done inside a green house and the good things you have even provided us with one. Thanks,
Thanks for your comments, I too tend to think the best way to grow them is in a greenhouse.